Monday, December 6, 2010

Handmade Cotton Crotched Washcloths- Patty Sullivan

cotton washcloths
Patty Sullivan has been making crocheted blankets for many years. Recently, a friend showed her a crocheted washcloth. She said; "I have never heard of them before." Her friend replied; "Oh Patty, where have you been, they have been around for years." Of course I had to try it, so off the the craft store I went in search of "cotton" yarn. The colorful selections were outstanding. I had a sample to work from which made it easy. I thought, what a great Christmas gift idea, but I better make one and try it first. I would hate to give a gift that was a flop. Oh my gosh, I love them...they are absorbent, clean so well, and do not smell. Best of all, inexpensive, and can be used forever.  I use a "J" size crochet needle. Single crochet 25 stitches, add one to replace first stitch of the first row. Then a second row on single stitch. Third row through tenth row, use double crochet chain 3. Last 2 rows, single stitch to finish it off. I was able to make two dishcloths per skein. For my family members, guess what you are getting this year for Christmas. A special thanks to my friend for sharing this new, fun and easy idea. Please visit Patty's site @ http://www.patty-sullivan.com/

26 single, use extra stitch to begin next row of single stitch
double stitch 10 rows

25 single, add one for your turn and do single stitch on second row

No comments:

Post a Comment